Seminar "From Recovered Resources to Economic Recovery", 26 November 2013
Date of this meeting: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 (All day)
Municipal Waste Europe Seminar: "From Recovered Resources to Economic Recovery"
On 26 November 2013, Municipal waste Europe held a Seminar organised into three panel sessions, beginning with the need for and revision of the legislative PUSH as well as examples of how this is implemented in practice by members of Municipal Waste Europe.
The second panel brought together experts from materials producers, packers and fillers and recyclers, who enlightened participants as to their aims, objectives and expectations as regards the implementation of their producer responsibility obligations as well as regarding the materials recovered from the waste stream.
The concluding speakers focused on the necessary adaptations in legislation and practice which will play a significant role in ensuring greater resource efficiency and economic stability in Europe.
The Seminar was hosted by the Committee of the Regions, rue Belliard 99-101, 1040 Brussels, on Tuesday 26 November 2013, 9:00 to 16:00. Please find the full programme of the seminar here
Presentations are available below:
- Weine WIQVIST, President of Municipal Waste Europe
- Julius LANGENDORFF, Deputy Head of Unit, Waste Unit, European Commission
- Günther LANGER, Chairman of the European Expert Group for Waste Management within VKU (Germany)
- Roberto CAGGIANO, Federambiente (Italy)
- Jacob SIMONSEN, Director of the Danish Waste Association and Vice-President, Municipal Waste Europe
- Antonino FURFARI, Advocacy Manager, Plastics Recyclers Europe
- Jori RINGMAN, Recycling, Product, Environment Director, Confederation of European Paper Industries (CEPI)
- Sabine STRNAD, Director Resource Recovery, COCA-COLA HELLENIC
- Nicolas ROBIN, European Representative, OI (Glass industry)
- Annick CARPENTIER, Sustainability Director, EUROMETAUX