High Level Seminar 14 May 2013 15:00-18:00 and Dinner with Guest Speaker
Posted on Wednesday 22 May 2013
On 14 May 2013, Municipal Waste Europe organised a seminar on the key issues currently at the focus of discussion in environmental and business circles in Brussels: resource efficiency and the ability to recover more material resources from waste, the three pillars of sustainability and implementation of the waste directives, particularly in those countries with high levels of landfilling. The event brought together representatives of the European Commission, the European Parliament, the Committee of the Regions, public and private waste management, NGOs and producers, covering a wide spectrum of stakeholders with a direct and indirect interest in the resource-efficiency debate.
Please find here a press release.
All presentations and written speeches can be found below:
- Erik de Baedts, outgoing President of Municipal Waste Europe
- William Neale, Member of the Cabinet of Environment Commissioner Janez Potočnik
- Michel Lebrun, Rapporteur of the Committee of the Regions opinion on the revision of the Waste Directives
- Nikos Chrysogelos, MEP (GR, European Greens)
- Stéphane Arditi, Senior Policy Officer at the European Environment Bureau
- Weine Wiqvist, incoming President of Municipal Waste Europe